Eighteen years old photographer from Florida. There are more and more young artists that are self-taught but their work is already on a professional basis. In my opinion, lovely Cristi is one of them. She shoots splendid portraits and even thought she edits them a lot (honestly, who doesn´t nowadays), there is a soul of not only the photographer but also of the model. As she herself says, she is "a girl living in full colour". If you don´t follow her work, yet, it is time for you to do so. She deserves your attention. Enjoy.
Cristi López also does a very short videos, and my favourite can be found HERE.
The artist´s words:
1. How did it all start? What is your first memory of holding the
camera? And what camera was it?
- The Christmas of my eighth grade year, I was given a simple point and
shoot camera- I've forgotten the exact model. I remember taking
pictures of small things initially: hairbrush bristles, my spidery
lashes, the lace trim of a camisole. I then moved towards living
subjects like my cousins and friends, and that was when I truly fell
in love with the medium. Capturing life with my lens enamored me- the
individual nuances and gestures of human beings were fascinating to
me. Before I knew it I couldn't stop photographing.
2. What equipment do you use? And in which program do you edit your photos?
- I usually shoot with a Canon 40D and a 50mm f/1.8 or 85mm f/1.8 lens.
I recently purchased a Canon Rebel t2i because I am interested in
video, and prefer a lighter body for traveling.
I edit my images in Adobe Photoshop.
3. Tell us about your usual day.
- My life is quite different now than it has been for the past eighteen
years. I just started college last week, and I'm living away from home
and overwhelmed with freedom, knowledge, and opportunities. So I guess
my current typical day consists of going to class, working, sketching,
and photographing. I love to learn, so I'm in heaven right now. And
I'm already setting up some personal shoots for the upcoming weeks.
4. What is your biggest achievement in photography? What do you dream
of achieving in this particular art?
- About a year back, I was invited to show my work in a local
photography exhibition. I'm Recently I've been asked to contribute to
a magazine, which I'm very excited for.
As for my dreams in photography- perhaps I'll go into fashion
photography, or maybe journalistic. Right now my main priority is to
get an education. And while I'm in college, I'm going to see what's
out there and take advantage of all the opportunities presented. I'll
always work hard and create tirelessly. I can't wait to see where life
takes me. All I know is that I want to make art for the rest of my
5. If you had a super power, what would it be?
- I'd like to grow flowers from the palms of my hands.
6. Where do you find inspiration? Are there any people (famous or
less) that inspire you by just being?
- I am inspired by the poses and expressions that people fall into when
they're daydreaming- the way their eyes wander or the way their
fingers rest on their legs.
7. Do you have any habbit you would like not to have?
- Not particularly.
8. How would you like to be remembered?
- I don't know how to answer this one, to be honest. But I honestly hope
my presence on has a profound impact on at least one soul. I want to
9. What are your hobbies besides photography?
- drawing, reading, health and fitness, makeup
10. What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
- Do what you love and what makes you happy. For me, that is to create,
fragments of my soul scattered about the world.
You can follow her works at Flickr, Facebook page, Vimeo and for updates of her life/photos at her blog.