Sunday 21 November 2010

Chiara

She seems to be a beholder of the world. She captures everything around her with a sensitivity people might kill for. Experimenting might take lifes but luckily, it works for her. Her passion for taking pictures of animals is almost the same as her passion for taking pictures of people. And that´s good. Because people are not the only ones.




Here´s the artists life:

1. What’s your real name? Do you wish you had any other name? Or did you ever use a pseudonym?
- My real name is Chiara. In the internet I usually use a pseudonym; most of the time I use “her voices”.

2. Where do you live and for how long? Your wish-I-lived-in country?
- Since my birth I live in Italy, so it’s nineteen years. But there are many countries where I wish I lived. I especially love France, England and Sweden.

3. When did you find out you like photography? What was your first photo ever taken?
- I've discovered photography thanks to my father. I started taking photographs about 3 years ago. The first photos I’ve taken was of summer holidays.

4. What equipment do you use?
- I take photos with a Canon 450D. Sometimes I use my father’s film camera, a Nikkormat T3.

5. Do you produce any other kind of art?
- Unfortunately not.

6. Is there anything you couldn’t live without?
- The people I love. Then music, books, cats and photography. And a phon.

7. Is there something you really can’t stand?
- Ignorance, superficiality, egocentrism, humidity.

8. Where do you go for inspiration?
- I'm influenced by other photographers, art and cinema, the world around me, music, literature.

9. Do you have your favourite photographers?
- Sam Taylor-Wood, Lasse Hoile, Francesca Woodman, Robert Doisneau, Federica Simoni, Elizaveta Porodina and many more.

10. What is your favourite thing to do?
- To stay with people I love.

11. If you were a thing what would it be?
- It would be a cup of tea. Reserved and warm.

Show some love to her at her flickr.

(And if you know some artists who definitelly deserve our attention, please let me know at laylarouge@yahoo.com and I will take a look for sure.)

2 comments:

Erica said...

Her work is beautiful.

Deer Jane said...

Wow. Her work really takes my breath away. Stunning. Thank you.